Volunteers wanted for our helpline
VOLUNTEERS WANTED FOR TRAINING...Childline Andalucia needs counsellors for our website and telephone helpline.
ENGLISH, SPANISH / ENGLISH, MULTILINGUAL SPEAKERS WANTED PARTICULARLY BETWEEN BENALMADENA & SOTOGRANDE
Childline Andalucia is a vital service that will be available 365 days a year to support children and young people up to the age of 19yrs, whatever their worry or concern. Volunteers will listen to children and young people, offering them confidential information, help and support on the telephone, via a live 1-2-1 online conversation, or via email. Volunteer counsellors are supported and supervised to assist children and young people in working with sensitive issues such as bullying, sexual abuse, physical abuse, self-harm, family relationships and much more.
If you are committed to protecting children and young people, if you’re a good listener, open minded and can commit to a regular weekly shift of 4 hours, then you could volunteer for our helpline at Childline Andalucia.
- To listen to children and young people
- To offer children and young people information, and support
- To identify when a child or young person may be at risk and alert a supervisor, working with them to agree appropriate action
- To maintain confidentiality within Childline Andalucia
- To work within a team of volunteers and staff
- To work with the team to develop and evaluate your practice as a volunteer. • To work within Childline Andalucías' policies & procedures to offer a service to children and young people
Level of commitment
We are seeking volunteers, expenses covered, who can commit to 50 hours of initial training and mentoring. Following this, volunteers need to be able to commit to a 4 1/4 hour weekly shift at the same time each week, for a minimum of 20/40 weeks a year, plus regular workshops.
We ask for a minimum commitment of 6/12 months following training.
- Support and demonstrate Childline Andalucía's values; putting children first, making an impact, taking a stand, never settling for second best, working together
- Able to listen • Able to engage with people with problems in an empathic way
- Open minded and non-judgmental
- Able to identify feelings
- Able to demonstrate discretion and recognise the impact of own actions on others
- Able to deal with stress appropriately
- Are receptive to feedback, learning and continuous improvement
- Aware of impact of personal experiences on own outlook
- Willing to learn IT skills to work effectively online
Training and support provided: All volunteers will go through an initial training programme on the Childline Andalucía counselling model, and ongoing topic based training. Volunteers are supported before, during and after shifts through briefing sessions and supervisions. Volunteers will receive out of pocket expenses. This volunteering role requires criminal background record check Volunteers will be asked to provide all relevant documents for these checks.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please send your contact details to email@example.com and we will be in touch